Monday, July 16, 2012

Greetings, my name is Autumn Miller-Wolfe 
and I am happy to meet you.



Who am I?

Aside from my name, which says so little about me, and more about my family, I am a follower of Christ, happily married wife, mother of two beautiful fur babies, and compassionate vegetarian.
(Whew! That says a great deal, doesn't it?)
My husband, Jacob, and I just celebrated our first anniversary on April 22nd of this year, and oh what a year this has been!

In October, we moved down to Chattanooga, TN from Indiana, and started a new life.
Tennessee is different, nicer somehow in ways I cannot easily explain. 
We live in a nice house in a fairly quiet neighborhood where we actually have privacy. 
It is a medium sized town with a small town feel, which allows me time for spiritual and family growth. 

My fur babies are a Pit Bull-Labrador-Rottweiler mix named Smoky (born February 14th) 
and a Red Bone Coon Hound named Dozer (born April 8th). 


I am a member of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), and the CVA (Christian Vegetarian Association).
I follow a pre-flood or pre-fall diet based upon scripture and founded in compassion for all life.
 I firmly believe that following a diet and lifestyle that is not only honoring to God, but others in the large-scale is highly important. I am open and most welcoming to discussion on this subject if anyone cares to approach the matter. I promise to be kind and respectful in my response. And yes, I can back up my life choices not only with 'dreaded' science, but with sound scripture. 

In 2006, I graduated with my Bachelors Degree, Magna Cum Laude, from Oakland City University, Oakland City, IN. Oakland City is a small, but challenging Christian university in Indiana. 
During my four years there, I studied Christ, culinary, and double majored in Art and Business. 
While I believe my college experience gave me a well-rounded education, I still felt like something was missing. After we got settled in Tennessee, and after much prayer, I decided to pursue my Masters degree. 
I enrolled in Liberty University, and am taking my first classes towards my Masters of Divinity, Professional Ministries Cognate. 

We currently attend Mustard Tree Ministries, which is led by Pastor Barry Kidwell.


What Do I Do?

Professionally, I am on hiatus from pursuing the "almighty" dollar, so that I can devote time to deepening my relationship with Christ, nurturing my family, and pursuing my studies. 
When not on hiatus, I run my own retail business (online, I do not have my own brick and mortar) of Christian-based gifts, and am in the process of destining my own product line of vegan and raw foods. 
In my waning free time, I love to read, write, cook, paint, sculpt, and volunteer at a local food Co-Op.

What Is This?

This blog will sort of be my sounding board to help me maintain my sanity while pursuing my degree.
My classes started June 25th, and I am already finding Liberty University to be more challenging 
than I first thought it would be. This will also be a place for me to share Christ in a manner that I pray is
non-threatening. Hopefully, you will enjoy taking this journey right by my side. I am welcome to some 
healthy debate, but please do not come in here and slam my beliefs in Christ. 
Show me the same respect you would expect if it were your blog and I was reading it.

If you have any question for me, feel free to ask, as I am always open to some good conversation.

Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment